Once the data for DEX Clients and activities has been recorded, the DEX Activity Report can be created. DEX requires all data to be uploaded within a set timeframe at the end of each reporting period, but data can be uploaded at any time within the period, once prepared.
Step 1. Log into your CRM database (refer to Logging On for further information).
Step 2. Complete the required actions in the DSS Client Compliance Report article.
Step 3. Navigate to the required DEX Reporting page e.g. Financial Counselling Client Session
Step 4. Click on the DSS Export Tab
The DSS Export search tab is displayed
Step 5. Enter the required parameters for your reporting
- Service Date – After
- Enter/Select the Start Date of the reporting period
- Service Date – Before
- Enter/Select the End Date of the reporting period
- If required, select the site you wish to report on. Leave blank to include all sites
- Funding Source
- Select the Funding Source you wish to report on, generally DSS.
- Session ID
- If searching for a particular session, enter the ID
- Export Status
- If some sessions have previously been reported for this period, you may wish to select only those with Pending status
Step 6. Click Search
All matching sessions for your entered parameters are returned
Step 7. Select the sessions you wish to report
You can click the Select drop-down at the top of the list to select All Records or all for the current page (This Page).
You can also select individual sessions by clicking the check-box next to the session.
Step 8. Click the Generate XML Export button
The XML file is created.
A message appears at the top of the page with a link to the file.
Any issues with the file creation are also flagged. Refer to the DEX Activity File – Creation Error article for assistance.
SCORE in CI, not yet configured
If you are using Community CI, but it is not yet configured no additional message will appear and there will be only one XML file.
SCORE in CI, no assessments selected
If you are using Community CI, but there are no SCORE assessments recorded for the selected sessions, only one XML file will be created and you will see the following message:
SCORE in CI, assessments selected
If you are using Community CI and there are SCORE assessments associated with the selected sessions, 2 XML files will be created and you will see the following message:
Note - only assessments that have been set to 'Completed' in Community CI will be included in the file. Please ensure that assessments are not left in Draft status.
Step 9. Right click on the file link to open the file details in a new tab.
If there are two files (XML and SCORE XML) open both files in new tabs.
The Document page is displayed with the following information:
- Document name:
- The name of the document in the system
- File Name:
- Hyperlink to the file itself
- Publish Date:
- The date the document was saved in the database
- Assigned to:
- the person the document is assigned to in the database, may be blank
- If there were any errors in the creation of the XML export, they will appear here
Step 10. To view all DSS Documents, select the DSS Documents page
The DSS Documents list is returned, including all generated XML reports
Resolve any issues with the data – DEX – Portal Report Upload Errors
Upload the file to the DEX Portal – Upload XML Report to DEX
For further information, refer to the following articles: